Sunday 23 December 2007

My grandpa

Mom is updating me with ah kong's situation everyday. He is getting weaker and weaker everyday. I feel so guilty that I cant be there with him and everyone else. He insisted to go home because he said he want to 'go' at home and not in hospital. But he is too weak to leave the hospital. I want to recall some memories I had with my ah kong.

1. When I was abt 9 years old, every Sunday my father and I will visit ah kong in Penang. We were staying in Butterworth then. Mom worked on Sunday (Kedah state) and dad had Sunday off. So, we will take bus and ferry (because 9-yr old girl loves bus and ferry). When we reached there, ah kong will ask million of times abt the transportation we took. Everytime I will say we walk, then bus, then ferry then bus, then walk again. But ah kong will ask and ask and ask and ask......the same question again and again.

2. When I was in primary school, I was given less than RM1 everyday to school. Mom's reason was 'little girl doesnt need so much money'. But everytime ah kong comes to visit during the weekday, I got very excited because he will give me few ringgits.

3. My ah kong always tell my father to stop smoking. But he, himself smokes a lot.

4. My ah kong loves McD and nasi kandar.

5. My ah kong loves my elder and younger brother more than me. When my brothers were young, ah kong always bring elder brother for nasi lemak and younger brother for McD. But he never bring me out for makan.

Ah kong is a very very old man now and I know the time will come one day. All I hope is he has no suffering. God pls bless ah kong.

1 comment:

moms tales said...

Stay strong dear...Your Ah Kong is a very wonderful Ah Kong indeed :-)