Tuesday 4 December 2007

3 years ago

Exactly 3 years ago at this date, I arrived UK alone for the first time. I was 22 years old, a fresh graduated engineer and I gave up my job in Penang to come with my 2-yr working holiday visa to meet my friend. I got a restaurant job within few weeks. My initial plan was to work and travel for 2 years. It was a dream come true to be able to travel to so many beautiful countries. And never in my dream to stay in UK for more than 2years. I've always planned to go back to Malaysia before I am 25 so that I can re-build my career. However, I met my then-bf-now-hubby 3 months later in UK and now I am stuck in UK !! I don't have any regret with this decision but I am sure my parents must be very disappointed with me. They worked so hard and spent so much for my education, and now I am just a waitress in London. I am sorry...I am very sorry...

2 comments:

moms tales said...

Oh no...you didn't waste anything...You are doing fine :-)
Maybe you can try finding an engineer job...

stranger-online said...

I tried and still trying...