Thursday 28 June 2007

Do you look younger or older than your actual age?

When i came to Uk 2 years ago, I realised that kwai lo look older than their actual age. a 16-year-old girl can look like a 28 years old. It is illegal to serve alcohol to anyone under 18. And many times, i served beer to under 18 because i couldnt tell the actual age from their look. They look like 28 years old instead of 17. So, it gave me a hard time as I had to check their ID before i served any alcohol.

Yesterday, I was chatting with Davide from Italy. He asked me how old I am and i asked him to guess. He said it is very hard to guess asian age because asian tend to look younger than their age. And he guessed I am 20. Many kwai lo guessed that I am 18-21 but I am already 25 years old. This is one of the many advantages being a chinese. I feel so proud to be an asian.

Asian will think that kwai lo look older than their actual age while kwai loo will think the other way.

No comments: