Monday 16 July 2007

It was a long long Sunday

I worked double (double means double shift = lunch and dinner) yesterday. It was a total dead. We had 4 covers for lunch and 13 covers for dinner. It was so bored and I was struglling to find things to do. But there was nothing to do, except for some cleaning and wiping. And I dun understand why Jason put so many staffs on the rota when Sunday is usually a quiet night. We had 2 staffs doing the bar, 1 food runner, 3 waiters, 1 reception and 2 commis. In my opinion, what you really need on a Sunday night - 1 bar, 2 waiters, 1 food runner and 1 reception. But for last night case, I think we only need 1 waiter and 1 bar, finish. I understand that the compay is using more than £150 per hour (for staffs, utilities, etc.). We opened at 10 am till 10 pm, for 12 hours we spent £1800, we had 17 covers. Lets say 1 cover spent £40, so 17 covers is £680. So in 12 hours, we are losing more than £1120. Just Great !

No comments: