Saturday 14 July 2007

British schoolgirls arrested for smuggling cocaine worth £300k


Two 16-years-old British girls were accused of smuggling cocaine worth £300k out of Ghana insisted they were set up. The girls claimed that they were offered £3k each to bring the bags from Ghana to London. They had no idea what is in the bag. If convicted, the girls will be sentenced to no less than 10years in prison.

This is a light sentence already considering in Malaysia, it will be a death sentence. My mom always 'chap kau tai' me that never never take bags from strangers in airport and to keep an eye on my own bags at all times. I remember the first time I traveled to UK from Penang, I was worried (since it was my first time) that I checked my bag everytime I came out from the toilet in the plane.

If I am not mistaken, few years back there was a Malaysian girl get caught in Australia airport with a bag of drugs. When arrested, she claimed that the bag does not belong to her and she was just helping a stranger to hold it.

So, whoever reading this, remember to be extra careful. You must be aware of the contents of the bags you are taking.

No comments: