Monday 6 April 2009

Recession in UK ???

I was back to Penang for 3 weeks in March. From there, I realised how bad the economy in Malaysia is now. My friends and I went out for dinner on a Friday night in a restaurant in Gurney Plaza. We were there from 6 till 10pm. It wasn't busy at all. There were only 6 tables altogether for the whole night. On a (supposed to be a busy) Friday night ! We finished our dinner at 10pm and I can see the whole Gurney area wasn't even packed like how it used to be. There was no atmosphere at all. So dissapointed. Even in shopping complexes, it was all dead !

Back in London, I took these pictures in 2007 during Christmas month in the famous shopping Oxford Street. Nice and busy...




And these pictures were snapped early this year 2009, same place. Crowded with shopping people. Hmm...Recession huh?



And I thought recession hit UK worse than in Asia? Guess I was wrong.




No comments: