Thursday 3 January 2008

New year's dinner

This is a late post. On 1st January, L and I went to Colindale Oriental Supermarket for some Japanese food. After that, I was planning to have steamboat for dinner and wanted to buy all the required stuffs. But L said that he already accepted his friend's invitation to have dinner with his family. Hmm...I was quiet dissapointed because I was in the mood for steamboat. But its OK. I was expecting some very nice food because L was telling me it will be a 'grand home-cook dinner'. You see, L's friend is from China. And their so-called 'grand dinner' includes stir fry spicy dried beancurds, steam pork dumplings, stir fry dried squids, stir fry vege (something very similar to coriander. I hate i hate!), spicy whelks and soy sauce trotters (no meat at all, all skin only). Again I was dissapointed and to be honest, I was shocked. I do not know if I should feel pity at them. This is their 'grand dinner' for New Year. The only thing I ate on that night was dunplings. In my family back in Penang, when we say grand home-cook dinner, it is going to have fish, prawn, sometimes crab, chicken, pork and vege (usually brocolli, cauliflower and mushroom). I don't know about other families, but this is mine.

2 comments:

pearly said...

hi dear ;
thank for pop over
I am from UK too can I add u to my link I love to go to orient city for food too . is lovely food there jsut like home althougt not as good as home but sometime when we miss home there where we go kekek
happy new year to you

stranger-online said...

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Of cos u can add me. I read ur blog very often but I did not leave any comment. I am a silent reader. heheh. Happy new year too.